Carlisle pub for sale at £175,000
Last updated at 11:34, Thursday, 27 December 2012
A Carlisle pub is on the market for £175,000.
The Pedestrian Arms on Newtown Road is being sold by Jeremy Rubin & Co – commercial and leisure property consultants.
The sellers say the two-storey property, which is owned/run by Punch Taverns, is “suitable for alternative use” subject to the relevant permissions.
Mr Rubin said: “We have been instructed by Punch Taverns to sell the pub. It is a very prominent building and comes with first floor accommodation. This consists of three bedrooms, a box room, two lounges and a utility room.
“There is the option for alternative use subject to planning approval.”
The pub has a darts league.
It was last put up for sale in 2009 after Punch Taverns reviewed its estate prompting a sell off of “less sustainable” sites.
A spokeswoman for Punch Taverns told the News & Star: “As a pub company it is always our preference that our pubs continue to trade as pubs.
“However, we do review our estate regularly and consider marketing sites for sale which might better fulfil their potential under different ownership.
“We are looking at different options around the future of the Pedestrian Arms, including marketing the pub for sale.”
First published at 11:17, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|