Carlisle pub for sale at £175,000
Last updated at 11:34, Thursday, 27 December 2012
A Carlisle pub is on the market for £175,000.
The Pedestrian Arms on Newtown Road is being sold by Jeremy Rubin & Co – commercial and leisure property consultants.
The sellers say the two-storey property, which is owned/run by Punch Taverns, is “suitable for alternative use” subject to the relevant permissions.
Mr Rubin said: “We have been instructed by Punch Taverns to sell the pub. It is a very prominent building and comes with first floor accommodation. This consists of three bedrooms, a box room, two lounges and a utility room.
“There is the option for alternative use subject to planning approval.”
The pub has a darts league.
It was last put up for sale in 2009 after Punch Taverns reviewed its estate prompting a sell off of “less sustainable” sites.
A spokeswoman for Punch Taverns told the News & Star: “As a pub company it is always our preference that our pubs continue to trade as pubs.
“However, we do review our estate regularly and consider marketing sites for sale which might better fulfil their potential under different ownership.
“We are looking at different options around the future of the Pedestrian Arms, including marketing the pub for sale.”
First published at 11:17, Thursday, 27 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)