Carlisle police still working to identify man found dead
Last updated at 12:27, Monday, 11 November 2013
Police are still trying to formally identify a man who was found dead on land close to shops nearly a month ago.
Officers said this aspect of the inquiry had proved to be “particularly lengthy” after a body was found behind a tree near shops at the Currock Road industrial estate in Carlisle.
Detectives said at the time the death was being treated as unexplained but not suspicious. The body may have been there for several weeks before being discovered on October 16.
A police spokeswoman said: “Cumbria police continue to work to formally identify the man who was located on Currock Road.
“Certain procedures have to be followed in order to ensure that identification is confirmed.
“Unfortunately, these procedures have been particularly lengthy .”
The grim discovery was made by passers-by.
Police and crime scene investigators at the time cordoned off the area outside Topps Tiles and the Bathstore to carry out examinations and gather evidence.
The coroner has been informed.
First published at 12:26, Monday, 11 November 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)