Carlisle police probe gang attack in city centre
Last updated at 16:03, Saturday, 21 June 2014
Police say around 10 men may have been involved in an early morning attack in Carlisle city centre.
A 25-year-old man from the city sustained a broken cheek bone and bruising to his face after being assaulted by a group of men.
The assault happened at around 3.15am yesterday (Friday) in English Street. It is understood the man had recently left the nearby Outrageous nightclub.
He was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary for treatment but discharged a few hours later.
A 20-year-old man, also from Carlisle, was later arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm and was released on bail until August 2, pending further inquiries.
Cordons were in put on English Street, close to B&M Bargains, following the incident and officers were seen carrying out forensic investigations.
Detective Cath Pattinson said: “We’re searching for another male and other witnesses who may have been in the area.
“He is described as a white male in his 20s with broad shoulders and slim legs. He was wearing a dark coloured, round necked t-shirt.”
The North West Ambulance Service had received several calls to the scene, with callers reporting a man “bleeding from the head and neck”.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
First published at 07:32, Friday, 20 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)