Carlisle police hunt for off licence robber
Last updated at 13:41, Tuesday, 12 August 2014
Money and cigarettes were stolen as a thief raided an off licence in Carlisle.
The robbery took place at the Booze Buster store in Blackwell Road, Currock, around 7.45pm yesterday.
A police spokesman said: "A 24-year-old female was alone in the store when a male entered and stole money and cigarettes."
The man police are looking for is white, five feet nine inches tall, of stocky build, in his 20s, has sandy-coloured hair and is clean shaven.
At the time of the incident he was wearing dark blue jeans and a long sleeved dark jacket.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.
1.40pm update: Police have arrested a 22-year-old man from Carlisle. He is helping officers with their inquiries.
First published at 07:29, Tuesday, 12 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|