Carlisle police hunt for off licence robber
Last updated at 13:41, Tuesday, 12 August 2014
Money and cigarettes were stolen as a thief raided an off licence in Carlisle.
The robbery took place at the Booze Buster store in Blackwell Road, Currock, around 7.45pm yesterday.
A police spokesman said: "A 24-year-old female was alone in the store when a male entered and stole money and cigarettes."
The man police are looking for is white, five feet nine inches tall, of stocky build, in his 20s, has sandy-coloured hair and is clean shaven.
At the time of the incident he was wearing dark blue jeans and a long sleeved dark jacket.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.
1.40pm update: Police have arrested a 22-year-old man from Carlisle. He is helping officers with their inquiries.
First published at 07:29, Tuesday, 12 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)