Carlisle murder trial: Judge summing up
Last updated at 12:36, Wednesday, 18 June 2014
A judge has begun summing up in the case of a young Carlisle father who is accused of murdering his friend at a house in Carlisle.
Jamie Lee Armstrong, 21, of Warwick Road, denies stabbing 23-year-old bar worker Luke Hollingsworth to death.
The defendant has told the jury at the city’s Crown Court that both he and Mr Hollingsworth were attacked by two masked knifemen who burst into his friend’s house demanding drugs and money.
The prosecution say he killed Mr Hollingsworth after wrestling a knife from his friend’s hand during a row and repeatedly stabbing him.
The tragedy happened at Mr Hollingsworth’s home in Etterby Lea Road, Stanwix, on July 10 last year.
The jury will retire to consider their verdict after Judge Paul Batty QC concludes his summing up, which he will resume today. The trial has been running for more than three weeks.
First published at 12:28, Wednesday, 18 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)