Carlisle man with 171 crimes to his name back in court
Last updated at 08:55, Friday, 17 January 2014
A man with 171 crimes to his name has been back in court.
Robert Walter Farren, 55, who has a 40-year criminal record, appeared before magistrates in Carlisle where he admitted shoplifting and drugs offences.
The court heard how Farren, of Raven Nook, off Greystone Road, Carlisle, admitted taking beer and sweets from Booze Busters, in Furze Street, on January 14, and to possessing cannabis and amphetamine.
Prosecutor Adrienne Harris said Farren was seen in the shop with a woman. They returned later after which staff realised beer and sweets worth £18.50 had been taken.
Defence solicitor Lauren Heesley said Farren had “no recollection of the day”.
He was given a six-month community order and ordered to do 80 hours of unpaid work. He also has to pay compensation, £50 court costs and a £60 victim surcharge.
First published at 08:54, Friday, 17 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)