Carlisle man kicked family dog and assaulted partner
Last updated at 13:57, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
A man has appeared in court for attacking his partner.
George Gibson, 58, of Cumwhinton Road, in Harraby, Carlisle admitted assaulting Lesley Duncan, his partner of two years.
Pam Ward, prosecuting, told Carlisle magistrates how the couple, who were at the time living together in Irthington, went out with Ms Duncan’s son to the Howard Arms in Brampton on the evening of April 20.
Ms Duncan then dropped off Gibson at the Salutation in Irthington.
She later returned to pick him up and took him home where he was “agitated and drunk”.
An argument broke out during which Gibson kicked the family dog and threatened to kill Ms Duncan’s son
He slapped her across the face and punched her.
Gibson represented himself in court and said he would like to apologise to his partner and was “very remorseful”.
He told the court he was drunk and couldn’t remember all the facts.
Gibson is living temporarily at the address in Cumwhinton Road.
He was bailed until June 7 for reports.
First published at 13:38, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|