Carlisle man jailed after police seize £103,000 drugs and cash
Published at 13:56, Thursday, 14 February 2013
A drugs criminal caught with an estimated £103,000-worth of narcotics and cash has been jailed for eight years.
Police seized cocaine from Lee Chapman Eilbeck after pulling over a car he was in near his Carlisle home.
After searching other addresses in the city, they recovered nearly £8,000 in cash, 8.9 kilos of cannabis resin, nearly a kilo of cocaine and a kilo of bush cannabis.
At Carlisle Crown Court, Eilbeck, of John Robert Gardens, off Dalston Road, pleaded guilty to three counts of possession with intent to supply drugs.
Police say his conviction follows an investigation triggered after officers saw the 36-year-old driving his car in the west of the city.
Eilbeck made off from them but they apprehended him soon after, on October 31.
His sentence triggered a renewed plea from police for people to come forward with information about suspected drug dealers.
Detective Inspector Mike Brown, from Cumbria’s serious and organised crime squad, said: “This successful prosecution highlights how serious drug supply is.
“It lets the small number of individuals living in our communities who make vast quantities of money from illegal drug supply know that we are watching them and, when they are caught, they will face a significant time in prison.
“The majority of those involved in drugs supply can appear to lead normal, respectable lives to cover up their illegal activity, so it is vital the public continue to help us identify those that risk the safe and peaceful lives of the law-abiding community by reporting suspicions to us so that we can investigate and take action.”
Information can be passed to police by calling 101 or through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)