Carlisle man in court after victim seriously injured
Last updated at 12:19, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
A man from Carlisle has appeared in court accused of attacking another man.
John Farmer, 23, of Gilsland Road, was in court in Dumfries following incidents in Shakespeare Street and Brooms Road on February 19 when he allegedly assaulted the man causing him severe injuries.
In addition, Farmer is accused of acting in an aggressive and intimidating manner and challenging others to fight.
He is also charged with behaving in a threatening or abusive manner and shouting and swearing at officers at the Loreburn Street police station in Dumfries.
Lindsay Dalgliesh, 23, of Blake Terrace, Dornock, near Annan, also appeared in private accused with Farmer of acting in an aggressive manner and challenging others to fight.
No pleas were made and the case was continued.
First published at 11:29, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|