Carlisle man in court after victim seriously injured
Last updated at 12:19, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
A man from Carlisle has appeared in court accused of attacking another man.
John Farmer, 23, of Gilsland Road, was in court in Dumfries following incidents in Shakespeare Street and Brooms Road on February 19 when he allegedly assaulted the man causing him severe injuries.
In addition, Farmer is accused of acting in an aggressive and intimidating manner and challenging others to fight.
He is also charged with behaving in a threatening or abusive manner and shouting and swearing at officers at the Loreburn Street police station in Dumfries.
Lindsay Dalgliesh, 23, of Blake Terrace, Dornock, near Annan, also appeared in private accused with Farmer of acting in an aggressive manner and challenging others to fight.
No pleas were made and the case was continued.
First published at 11:29, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)