X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Carlisle man cleared of sex abuse charges

A man has been cleared of indecent assault and indecency with a child.

Related: Cumbrian man on sex abuse charges made threats, court told

A jury unanimously found Richard Key, 47, not guilty of all the charges he faced following a trial at Carlisle Crown Court.

Mr Key, of Diggle Road, Longsowerby, Carlisle, had to wait to discover his fate after the jury were sent out to consider their verdicts late yesterday morning.

But they returned not guilty verdicts following deliberations.

Mr Key had been alleged to have carried out a four-year catalogue of abuse against a girl. It had been alleged to have begun when she was seven.

He was arrested last year after she went to police. She is now an adult.

Mr Key had vehemently denied all the allegations she made against him.

The court was told that after his arrest he said there was no truth in what she had said.

Mr Key was found not guilty of four charges of indecency with a child and four counts of indecent assault.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Will the Union Cairn make a difference to the 'No' vote campaign?

Yes, it's an effective way of getting across the fact Scotland and England should stay united

No, people have already made their mind up which way they are going to vote

No. It may backfire because some Scots will say it is the English interfering in their referendum

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: