Carlisle man charged with eight indecent assaults on boy
Last updated at 11:17, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
A 38-year-old man accused of a string of sex assaults on a boy more than 20 years ago has appeared before a judge at Carlisle Crown Court.
Robert Cook, of Eldon Drive, Harraby, Carlisle, is accused of eight indecent assaults on the boy on dates between 1988 and 1990.
Six of them are alleged to have taken place between October 9, 1988 and October 11, 1990, and the other two between October 10, 1988 and October 11, 1990.
Cook was not asked to enter pleas to the charges but he had previously denied all of them when he appeared before local magistrates.
His barrister Kim Whittlestone told the judge his pleas would be “a firm not guilty”.
Cook is expected to go on trial in July.
First published at 11:15, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (31 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (45 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (106 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (17 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Firm plugs into £2m deal for Workington's new sports centre (2 comments)
- Continental market to visit Workington (1 comment)
- New beauty treatment rooms open at Cumbrian hotel
- West Cumbria wins at tourism awards
- Agency and consultancy link-up to offer one-stop-shop
- Wigton's Innovia lands order from Russian chocolates firm
- New finance director for Britain's Energy Coast
- Nuclear firm opens new office in Cumbria
- Big house price rise set to fuel Cumbrian economic boost
- Booths supermarket chain named independent retailer of year
- Community Heroes honoured at gala ceremony
- New chief executive appointed to academy school
- Friend took rape claim woman to police station, court told
- Carer stole more than £10,000 from vulnerable woman
- Murder inquiry: Cumbria police identify dead man
- UPDATE: Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Four more convicted over brawl at Barrow game
- Percussion demo in Millom has positive impact
- Officials take advice on range of ideas for Grange historic lido
- Nestle pension change plan sparks industrial action threat