Carlisle man bombarded ex-partner with texts, court told
Last updated at 12:29, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
A father has admitted bombarding his ex-partner with phone calls and sitting outside her work.
Stephen Lee Wilde, 28, of Coney Street, Carlisle, had been with Kelly Shaw for 12 years before their relationship broke up in January this year.
Carlisle Magistrates’ Court heard how Wilde took the break-up badly.
Between February 9 and February 20, Miss Shaw received phone calls both on her mobile and at work from Wilde.
In some he was insulting, in others he didn’t speak.
He also accessed her online mobile phone – changing the password to lock her out – and began sending numerous “threatening” text messages to Robert Strong, Miss Shaw’s partner.
The court heard that Mr Strong did not take the threats seriously, and deleted the messages.
Magistrates adjourned the case for pre-sentence reports.
Wilde admitted harassment and was bailed prior to being sentenced at the magistrates’ court on May 14.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)