Carlisle man bombarded ex-partner with texts, court told
Last updated at 12:29, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
A father has admitted bombarding his ex-partner with phone calls and sitting outside her work.
Stephen Lee Wilde, 28, of Coney Street, Carlisle, had been with Kelly Shaw for 12 years before their relationship broke up in January this year.
Carlisle Magistrates’ Court heard how Wilde took the break-up badly.
Between February 9 and February 20, Miss Shaw received phone calls both on her mobile and at work from Wilde.
In some he was insulting, in others he didn’t speak.
He also accessed her online mobile phone – changing the password to lock her out – and began sending numerous “threatening” text messages to Robert Strong, Miss Shaw’s partner.
The court heard that Mr Strong did not take the threats seriously, and deleted the messages.
Magistrates adjourned the case for pre-sentence reports.
Wilde admitted harassment and was bailed prior to being sentenced at the magistrates’ court on May 14.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Curle: Assistant Colin West has been given "a couple of days off"
- Striker Ibehre eyeing promotion with Carlisle Utd
- Rain buckets down as Silloth Green hosts live performance of The Tempest
- Perfect weather for 'fabulous' Penrith Show - secretary
- Carlisle Utd's Project Blue Yonder stadium plan making little progress (14 comments)
- Row brewing over plans for 50 new homes in Wetheral (2 comments)
- Plans for 189 new homes in Carlisle get go-ahead (14 comments)
- Huge solar park set to get go-ahead in north Cumbria (2 comments)
- Family history page (75 comments)