Carlisle man assaulted wife in row over computer
Last updated at 13:53, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
A man grabbed his wife by the hair after rowing over a laptop computer, a court heard.
Anthony Green, 28, caused Rachel Green to fall against a door and bang her head after an argument erupted into violence.
Green, of South Henry Street, off Botchergate in Carlisle, was sentenced to a three-year community order at Carlisle Crown Court yesterday after admitting common assault.
Kim Whittlestone, prosecuting, said the couple had been in an on-off relationship for 10 years.
On April 6 she was heading out with friends and Green was “not happy about that”.
She became aware he had changed his status on the Facebook social networking website to single rather than married.
The next day she was on a laptop and an argument started about who owned the computer, the court was told.
“When he went to leave he tried to grab hold of the laptop,” said Mrs Whittlestone. “She tried to grab it back.” The violence then happened.
The court heard Mrs Green appeared to want to reconcile the relationship.
Keith Thomas, in mitigation, said Green had been in custody on remand for five weeks but admitted the defendant could have no complaint if he were put back behind bars.
The community order will include 36 months of supervision and Green must complete a domestic violence programme.
First published at 13:38, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)