Carlisle man armed himself with knife after attack
Last updated at 11:42, Tuesday, 17 September 2013
A man armed himself with an eight-inch kitchen knife after he was attacked.
Stephen Patrick Lavery, 22, left his house in Marina Crescent, Currock, Carlisle with the knife after hearing the man who had attacked him was “still looking for him”.
Carlisle magistrates court heard how a man was seen walking with a knife and the police were called.
Lavery was arrested on Upperby Road at around 8pm on Saturday and defence lawyer Anthony Wilson said he had the knife for “his own protection”. “It was just to frighten the other person,” Mr Wilson said.
Lavery, who admitted having a knife in a public place, was just starting a new job and getting his life back together.
Magistrates sent the case to Carlisle Crown Court for sentence on October 18.
He was bailed until then and tagged to remain at an address in Carlton Grange, Harraby.
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 17 September 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|