Carlisle man admits carrying knife
Last updated at 10:54, Saturday, 17 May 2014
A 33-year-old Carlisle man has been ordered to attend a six-month drug rehabilitation course after he admitted carrying a knife.
Anthony Robson, from Borland Avenue in Botcherby, was sentenced on Wednesday at Carlisle Crown Court after pleading guilty at an earlier hearing.
He also previously admitted damaging a window on the day that his trial was due to begin.
The court heard that he had been kept in custody since January while he waited to be sentenced, and to give the Probation Service time to prepare reports outlining sentencing recommendations.
Judge Barbara Forrester said that officers reported that Robson had made “very good progress” during a previous community order following “a long history of drug use”.
However, she felt that a recommended three-month community order was not long enough for Robson to continue with the progress he had already made.
She said: “You didn’t re-offend during the drug rehabilitation requirement.
“It would be appropriate to deal with you today and impose a further drug rehabilitation requirement.”
The judge made the community order for six months and said that the first review of progress would be next month.
Robson was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £60.
First published at 10:47, Saturday, 17 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)