Carlisle man admits attacks on woman
Published at 11:25, Tuesday, 04 February 2014
A man from Carlisle has been remanded in custody after admitting two acts of violence against the same woman.
Jamie Steele, 21, of Marina Crescent, Currock, pleaded guilty at Carlisle Crown Court to two charges of assault, causing actual bodily harm, arising from two separate incidents between September 1 and 22 last year.
His not guilty pleas to charges of sexually assaulting the woman and damaging her front door were accepted by the prosecution.
All the charges arose from incidents last September.
Steele will be sentenced on March 6 following the preparation of background reports.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|