Carlisle man accused of eight rapes and indecent assaults
Last updated at 13:42, Monday, 06 January 2014
A man from Carlisle is facing eight charges of rape and indecent assault.
Iain Gordon Hamilton, 51, of Housesteads Road, Sandsfield Park, appeared before magistrates in the city today.
He is accused of five charges of rape and three of indecent assault on women aged over 16.
Hamilton pleaded not guilty to the indecent assaults. No plea was entered on the rape charges.
The incidents are said to have happened between January 1 1992 and November 29, 1994.
The rapes and two indecent assaults are said to involve one woman while the other indecent assault relates to a second woman.
Hamilton will appear before a judge at Carlisle Crown court for a plea and case management hearing on March 31.
First published at 13:38, Monday, 06 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|