Carlisle man accused of eight rapes and indecent assaults
Last updated at 13:42, Monday, 06 January 2014
A man from Carlisle is facing eight charges of rape and indecent assault.
Iain Gordon Hamilton, 51, of Housesteads Road, Sandsfield Park, appeared before magistrates in the city today.
He is accused of five charges of rape and three of indecent assault on women aged over 16.
Hamilton pleaded not guilty to the indecent assaults. No plea was entered on the rape charges.
The incidents are said to have happened between January 1 1992 and November 29, 1994.
The rapes and two indecent assaults are said to involve one woman while the other indecent assault relates to a second woman.
Hamilton will appear before a judge at Carlisle Crown court for a plea and case management hearing on March 31.
First published at 13:38, Monday, 06 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Staff devastated after fire destroys part of Cumbrian hospital (1 comment)
- Police warning of fishmonger scam
- Mercy plea from army bosses saves Carlisle soldier from prison
- Carlisle Utd on the brink of 'exciting' new investment (22 comments)
- Cumbrian woman banned from 45 shops after stealing £1 milkshake
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)