Carlisle man, 84, charged with sex crimes against boys
Published at 09:46, Friday, 15 August 2014
A pensioner has appeared in court accused of a string of sex crimes against boys dating back more than two decades.
Ernest Kenyon, 84, of Mardale Road, Raffles, Carlisle, faces five charges of serious sexual assault, dating between 1989 and 1994.
Kenyon is also accused of 13 counts of indecent assault on dates between 1988 and 1996.
The case concerns two alleged victims. Kenyon spoke only to confirm his name, age and address during a brief hearing at the city’s magistrates’ court.
He was told the case could not be dealt with at that court and would be sent to Carlisle Crown Court. There was no indication of any plea.
District Judge Gerald Chalk told Kenyon his first appearance before the higher court would be next month.
Kenyon was released on bail.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)