Carlisle girl, 8, taken to hospital after dog attack
Last updated at 11:54, Wednesday, 09 July 2014
A young girl needed hospital treatment after being attacked by a dog.
The child, believed to be eight, was bitten on the back by the bull mastiff in Newfield Drive, off Kingstown Road, in Carlisle.
She was taken to the city’s Cumberland Infirmary following the incident on Sunday morning but was not seriously injured.
A spokeswoman for Cumbria police confirmed that they had been called at about 10.15am.
“The owner of the dog and the family of the girl have reached a resolution,” she said.
“The dog is in kennels and scheduled to be destroyed in the coming days.”
The spokeswoman added: “The girl was not seriously injured but was left very shaken.”
First published at 11:47, Wednesday, 09 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)