Carlisle father and son on drugs plot charge
Published at 11:51, Wednesday, 14 May 2014
A father and son have appeared in court charged with conspiring to supply drugs worth £60,000.
Ashley George Macauley, 20, of Finn Avenue, Raffles, Carlisle, and his father Gary Maculey, 45 of Bower Street, Wigton Road, appeared side by side in the dock at Carlisle magistrate’s court.
Prosecutor Stuart Pattinson said they were accused, with another man and woman, of conspiring to supply cannabis resin between October 8 last year and March 6 this year.
He said the alleged drugs haul could be worth more than £60,000 in street value.
The other man and woman, who were not identified, will appear before a judge at Carlisle Crown Court on Friday.
The father and son were bailed until Friday and released on curfew.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)