X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Friday, 19 December 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Carlisle family flees home after suspected gas leak

A family fled their home in the early hours, after a suspected gas leak.

It is understood that a carbon monoxide detector alerted the occupants of the property, in Cumwhinton Road, Harraby, Carlisle, at about 5.30am today.

Fire crews from both Carlisle East and Carlisle West fire crews were sent to the address.

Firefighters used a gas detector to identify the presence of carbon monoxide and then contacted the gas company.

The source of the gas is unknown.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Are positive efforts to encourage more women into the nuclear industry necessary?

Efforts to better educate girls at school in sciences, technologies & maths would be more worthwhile

No, unless well qualified women are being turned away at Sellafield's door

Yes, girls and women need to know their career options are limitless

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: