Carlisle driver caught up in fatal M6 crash
Last updated at 09:19, Saturday, 12 May 2012
A man from Carlisle was one of those caught up in a fatal crash on the M6.
It has emerged that a Royal Mail lorry involved in the collision was being driven by a 40-year-old man from the city.
He was unhurt following the crash, just south of the junction 39 Shap turn-off at about 3.40pm on Thursday.
A police investigation into the cause of the collision between the lorry and a red Skoda car is underway.
The woman who died – believed to have been aged in her 30s and from the Glasgow area – was a passenger in the car.
Its driver, a 57-year-old man also from Glasgow, was airlifted from the scent to the James Cook hospital in Middlesbrough.
His condition was yesterday
There was major disruption as the southbound carriageway of the motorway was closed for more than five hours as the investigation into the cause of the crash got underway.
Officers today continued to appeal for information from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or anything leading up to it to come forward.
Details can be passed to PC Simon Eyres of the traffic policing team in Kendal by calling 101.
First published at 08:58, Saturday, 12 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)