Carlisle dog attack woman undergoes surgery
Last updated at 09:08, Saturday, 03 March 2012
A woman was taken to hospital with neck injuries after a dog attack in Carlisle.
Police and ambulance staff were called to the scene, at Lightfoot Drive, in Harraby, shortly after 12.20pm yesterday.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said the woman had suffered neck injuries and was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle for treatment. Her injuries were not life-threatening.
A force spokesman said they had not made any arrests and the dog had been located. The dog owner, a 37-year-old man from Brampton, had gone to the police station to help with inquiries.
“It is an on-going investigation, but it is not a case where we are appealing for witnesses,” he added.
The woman is understood to be local and a neighbour in Lightfoot Drive said last night that she had seen the victim in the street, holding a cloth to her face.
She did not see the attack, she said, but said the woman appeared to be standing up and had been able to walk to the ambulance when it arrived.
A worker in the Spar shop, in Petteril Bank, said customers had described the dog as a bull mastiff.
She said the woman was believed to be undergoing surgery later yesterday afternoon.
First published at 09:05, Saturday, 03 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)