Carlisle couple admit stealing chocolate teacakes
Published at 10:57, Tuesday, 01 October 2013
A couple have been in court after they stole a box of chocolate teacakes.
Victoria Blair, 27, and Anthony Robson, 32, both of Borland Avenue, Botcherby, Carlisle, admitted taking the Tunnocks teacakes from Ruddicks newsagent, in Botcherby, on July 22.
Carlisle Magistrates’ Court heard how Robson had 91 thefts and similar matters on his record and Blair had “a large number of previous offences”.
Both had been given a suspended prison sentence at Carlisle Crown Court and committed the theft just 15 days later.
CCTV caught the pair on camera, with Blair taking the teacakes and eating two before Robson ate one. The pair will be sentenced at crown court in November.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|