Carlisle building owner applies for 'nightclub licence'
Last updated at 12:13, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
The landlord of a Carlisle building – which housed a club that was ravaged by fire and eventually closed – has applied for a new premises licence.
William Robert Wilkinson has applied to Carlisle City Council for a licence for the former Melting Pot club on Fisher Street.
The club, formerly the Front Page, opened in 2010 but just five weeks later it was ravaged by fire and forced to close. The cause was a faulty fridge.
The club re-opened again in August 2011 but closed last year and has been standing empty ever since.
The club, housed on three floors, was run by Claire Armstrong and Clare Davidson, who wanted to provide a nightclub for young people and students.
Now Mr Wilkinson has applied to the council for a licence to allow the sale of alcohol and the holding of regulated entertainment including music, singing, dancing and live performers between 10am and 4am Sunday to Saturday.
His agent Michael Carigiet from Michael Carigiet Associates Ltd said: “Mr Wilkinson is the landlord and we regularly review the licence so it is up-to-date.”
Anyone wanting to make representations should submit them to the council in writing no later than March 1.
First published at 12:11, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Row erupts in Carlisle over £80 fines for not using gullsacks (21 comments)
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (17 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria (15 comments)
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (5 comments)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (4 comments)
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (8 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (75 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (7 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|