Superfast broadband will bring jobs to Cumbria - claim
Last updated at 13:24, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Superfast broadband will bring thousands of jobs to Cumbria over the next 15 years, a report has claimed.
A study by Regeneris Consulting predicts the technology could contribute hundreds of millions pounds to the local economy. BT is currently rolling out super-fast broadband across the county.
Mike Blackburn, BT’s regional director for the north west, said: “This report demonstrates the great benefits that BT’s activities, including its major investment in super-fast broadband, are delivering for Cumbria and will continue to deliver in the years to come.
“BT is playing a vital role in the prosperity and well-being of the region from the massive economic boost provided by our activities to the 8,000 hours of volunteering activity carried out by BT’s people.”
First published at 11:29, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|