Silver status for Carlisle estate builder’s commitment to staff
Last updated at 13:40, Thursday, 14 June 2012
A housing provider helping to regenerate a Carlisle estate has been given a silver status.
Lovell, which is rebuilding parts of Raffles, was awarded Investors in People Silver (IiP) status.
The firm, which employs 230 staff across Cumbria, the north west and north Wales, is now in the top 2.9 per cent of organisations which have achieved IiP accreditation in the UK.
The assessors interviewed staff across the company focusing on areas including development and training and how Lovell helps staff to develop their professional skills and enhance the service provided to customers.
Nigel Yates, regional director for the north west, said it was a ‘superb achievement’.
“This underlines our team’s hard work and commitment to driving the business forward and achieving the highest standards of service for our customers.”
Lovell has built more than 225 homes at Raffles and is working on a 39 home development at Brookside.
Chris Jones, head of operations at idg, the Investors in People Centre for the north of England, said it was a fantastic achievement for Lovell.
“I would like to congratulate the team on their commitment to continuous improvement,” he said.
“As the Investors in People Centre for the north of England, idg is committed to working with organisations to raise standards and improve performance through people.”
First published at 11:28, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)