Reays extends City Hopper bus service to Wigton
Last updated at 13:26, Monday, 20 February 2012
A new Reays bus service which will go from Carlisle to Wigton via Dalston hits the road today.
The number 74 City Hopper bus service will run six-days-a-week from Carlisle city centre through Currock, Denton Holme and Morton Park and out to Dalston and Wigton and back, stopping at both Caldew School and Nelson Thomlinson School.
Previously the service, which starts at West Tower Street, only went as far as Dobbies Garden World at Orton Grange, following a more restricted city route.
But from today – to coincide with the return of pupils to school after the half-term break – the 74 will make more city stops and also go to and from Dalston and Wigton mornings and afternoons.
Chris Reay, managing director of the family-run firm, said: “We are extending our 74 City Hopper service in response to high levels of public demand, especially from people travelling to and from school or work in Wigton, Dalston and Carlisle.
“We are optimistic about attracting good numbers of passengers in the mornings and afternoons, particularly school pupils, so we have tailored the timetables accordingly, but the buses will run a full service throughout the day every day apart from Sundays.”
First published at 11:26, Monday, 20 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)