Peacocks store to reopen in Cumbrian town
Last updated at 12:18, Friday, 04 May 2012
Workington's Peacocks store will reopen tomorrow more than two months after its sudden closure.
The Murray Road clothes shop will open at 9am after a rescue deal by Edinburgh Woollen Mill.
It closed suddenly in February, with the loss of 13 jobs, after its parent company went bust.
More than of the chain’s shops were taken over by Edinburgh Woollen Mill but the Workington branch was one of 224 stores not included in the deal. Since then the firm, which is owned by Philip Day, of Brampton, has bought the shop.
Thirteen staff have been taken on.
Julie Williamson, who has been taken back on as assistant manager, said: “When I got the phone call last Friday to say it was reopening I was chuffed to bits. I was ecstatic.”
First published at 11:25, Friday, 04 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)