Maryport Jobcentre to close
Last updated at 12:58, Friday, 25 January 2013
The planned closure of Maryport Jobcentre is to go-ahead in June.
The shutdown means those who need to visit the centre fortnightly will have to travel to Workington.
Department of Work and Pension managers told town councillors that following the shutdown in June, jobseeker services would continue to be offered in Maryport with computers being made available to those looking for work.
Ian Lapping, Jobcentre deputy district manager for Cumbria and Lancashire and Andy Semple, Cumbria area manager, said that they were working with the Cumbria Council of Voluntary Services and Derwent and Solway to look at basing a service at Hillside and on Selby Terrace.
First published at 12:57, Friday, 25 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (5 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (2 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (44 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (6 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Lis was the most powerful woman in TV – but always a writer
- Bransty Rangers triumph
- Who was queen of the roses in 1938?
- Obituary - Gary Wallbanks, Workington Town player (3 comments)
- Egremont youngsters make step up
- A game of two halves!
- 'Meteor shower' spotted over South Cumbria (23 comments)
- Table tennis latest
- Model rhinos ready to hit Dalton streets (2 comments)
- Stone-y broke (4 comments)