Government minister to visit Carlisle showcase exhibition
Last updated at 09:45, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
A government minister is to attend an exhibition showcasing the best of Carlisle’s wares.
Made in Carlisle is being organised by city MP John Stevenson, in conjunction with Carlisle College.
It will play host to manufacturing companies who will have their chance to raise awareness about the work they do.
Among those at the event on March 15 will be Housing Minister Mark Prisk.
Mr Stevenson said: “I am proud of Carlisle’s manufacturing base. As a city we produce many items which can be found nationally and internationally, such as Quality Street tins and Carr’s water biscuits.
“We need to promote our city and raise awareness nationally that so many everyday items are produced in Carlisle.
“That is why I am pleased that a Government minister will be there to see for himself what a fantastic manufacturing city Carlisle is.”
Apprentices and students will be among the others who will attend.
College principal Moira Tattersall said: “This is a fantastic event. Not only will it enable the city to showcase and celebrate our proud manufacturing expertise but also to look forward.
“As a college we want to support our local manufacturers to grow. Enabling our young people to learn the skills and gain the qualifications necessary to secure employment and apprenticeships to help make that happen.”
First published at 09:43, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)