Ex-BBC boss Caroline Thomson joins CN Group board
Published at 11:42, Friday, 30 November 2012
A former deputy director general of the BBC is joining the board of CN Group.
Caroline Thomson is to become a non-executive director of the media business, parent company of the News & Star
Until September, she was the chief operating officer and deputy director general of the BBC.
Her role with the broadcaster involved her in most aspects of the corporation, including masterminding the move of many of its programmes and staff from London to Salford.
Ms Thomson’s initial career was as a broadcast journalist and producer on Radio Four and Panorama. She moved to Channel 4 before returning to the BBC.
She is married to Lord Roger Liddle. They live in Abbeytown, near Carlisle, and London.
CN Group chairman Lord Inglewood said: “Caroline will bring her immense knowledge of the media, managing change and digital developments to our deliberations.
“Her understanding of the importance of good, local journalism to local media brands fits in with our existing thinking.”
Ms Thomson said she was delighted to be joining CN Group at what is a critical time for the local media industry.
She added: “CN has very strong local titles with a great journalistic tradition and I look forward to contributing to their continued success.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|