Cumbria couple launch retro furniture business
Last updated at 14:34, Wednesday, 02 May 2012
A husband and wife team have launched a retro furniture business after being inspired while furnishing their own home.
Stephen and Shawn-a-lee Bell, of Egremont, scoured charity shops to pick up one-off pieces to bring back to life when sprucing up their house.
Friends and family were so impressed with the results they encouraged the couple to turn the hobby into a business.
Mr Bell said: “Shawn-a-lee and I both appreciate the enduring nature, unique lines and well made construction of the vintage pieces we found in charity shops when we were looking to refurnish our home.
“Shawn-a-lee’s background in art came through and she began devising a new colour scheme for each piece. I used my experience in woodworking to apply her ideas and refurbish the pieces.
“Friends and family were impressed with the furniture’s appearance and insisted we should do this full time. We acquiesced and BellShawn was born.”
For more information, visit www.bellshawn.com
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 02 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)