Carlisle dental lab gets its teeth into new campaign
Last updated at 15:05, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
A dental laboratory in Carlisle has become one of the first in Britain to join a new industry campaign.
Devonshire House lab, in Spencer Street, has signed up for the ‘British Bite Mark’ drive.
This aims to reassure people getting dental fittings that the products have been made to UK and EU standards. The campaign covers appliances like crowns, veneers, implants and dentures.
It has come about because many dentists are now using labs in the Far East for their prescriptions to cut costs. However, there are concerns because the goods are not produced by registered dental technicians and British regulators do not get a chance to inspect the laboratories, as they do in the UK.
Devonshire House owner Paul Walkington said: “I am delighted to have been accepted to use the British Bite Mark logo.
“It is essential that patients receiving custom made dental appliances manufactured from my dental laboratory can be confident that they are safe and compliant.
“This logo does exactly that without the patient having to do lengthy research or ask questions that they may feel uncomfortable about when visiting the dentist.”
First published at 11:26, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- The rise and fall of Carlisle's Celtic Nation (19 comments)
- Historic Carlisle house could be demolished (53 comments)
- Plans for 100 homes in Cumbrian town set to be approved (11 comments)
- Carlisle mobile phone problems are priority, says Vodafone (33 comments)
- Six issues to fix Cumbria's healthcare revealed (11 comments)
- Thousands of starfish stranded on Cumbrian beach (12 comments)
- Takeaway boss blames council building site in Carlisle for lack of trade (25 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (69 comments)
Court & crime
- Cumbrian man plunged from house roof during chase
- Thief stole watches from Carlisle jewellers, fled on uninsured motorbike
- Ex-prisoner planned to stab stranger in head, Carlisle court told
- Four men run amok in violent pub incident in Cumbria
- Eight years for Carlisle cocaine dealer with stiletto dagger
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Dalton Carnival
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (17 comments)
- Thieves steal metal and blocks from listed Dalton house
- Dalton man attacked his grieving uncle while relative lay dead upstairs
- Barrow Borough Council’s annual garden competition
- Hawcoat Park aim to conquer Hill
- Police appeal for information after car was damaged in Dalton
- Miss South Lakes finalist from Dalton in bug-eating test
- Jilted Barrow sweetheart pestered Dalton woman
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)