Carlisle College session into engineering careers
Last updated at 13:10, Wednesday, 08 February 2012
Carlisle College is hosting an event later this month to help engineering businesses and students gain an insight in the future needs of the industry.
“Engineer the Future” will be held on February 22 between 6pm and 8.30pm at the college’s Victoria Place campus.
Organised by the college’s head of engineering Colin Luhrs, the event aims to ensure that local firms and students are prepared for the future.
Guests include Dr Sarah Peers, from New Engineering Foundation, who will be looking at identifying the future skills gap that will need to be plugged by companies and training providers such as the college.
A representative from Britain’s Energy Coast will also be informing people on how firms can become part of the nuclear supply chain and access future contracts.
To reserve a place at the ‘Engineer The Future’ event, e-mail email@example.com or call 01228 822702.
First published at 11:29, Wednesday, 08 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Barrow rooftop stand off man to appear in court
- United Utilities apprentices on top of customer service
- Barrow pitbull owner in bid to save dog on death row (29 comments)
- Chinese translation company opens Lake District base
- Kids enjoy All Saints Day
- Black Combe Runners' Paula produces solid run
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- South Cumbrian schools' Sats success
- Grace, 10, joins National Youth Choir