Carlisle College session into engineering careers
Last updated at 13:10, Wednesday, 08 February 2012
Carlisle College is hosting an event later this month to help engineering businesses and students gain an insight in the future needs of the industry.
“Engineer the Future” will be held on February 22 between 6pm and 8.30pm at the college’s Victoria Place campus.
Organised by the college’s head of engineering Colin Luhrs, the event aims to ensure that local firms and students are prepared for the future.
Guests include Dr Sarah Peers, from New Engineering Foundation, who will be looking at identifying the future skills gap that will need to be plugged by companies and training providers such as the college.
A representative from Britain’s Energy Coast will also be informing people on how firms can become part of the nuclear supply chain and access future contracts.
To reserve a place at the ‘Engineer The Future’ event, e-mail email@example.com or call 01228 822702.
First published at 11:29, Wednesday, 08 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)