Carlisle College session into engineering careers
Last updated at 13:10, Wednesday, 08 February 2012
Carlisle College is hosting an event later this month to help engineering businesses and students gain an insight in the future needs of the industry.
“Engineer the Future” will be held on February 22 between 6pm and 8.30pm at the college’s Victoria Place campus.
Organised by the college’s head of engineering Colin Luhrs, the event aims to ensure that local firms and students are prepared for the future.
Guests include Dr Sarah Peers, from New Engineering Foundation, who will be looking at identifying the future skills gap that will need to be plugged by companies and training providers such as the college.
A representative from Britain’s Energy Coast will also be informing people on how firms can become part of the nuclear supply chain and access future contracts.
To reserve a place at the ‘Engineer The Future’ event, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01228 822702.
First published at 11:29, Wednesday, 08 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)