Carlisle business boss receives MBE from Prince of Wales
Last updated at 12:37, Friday, 17 February 2012
A Cumbrian businessman has spoken of his pride after receiving the MBE from the Prince of Wales.
Paul Ashley, chairman of Carlisle door maker Clark Door, described the investiture ceremony, at Buckingham Palace, as among the highlights of his life.
Mr Ashley, who has also served as chairman of manufacturers’ trade body EEF in the north west, was given the honour in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List last June for services to Cumbrian industry.
“It was an amazing day. The impressive thing was that despite 105 people receiving honours on the day, it was made very personal for each person,” he said.
“Prince Charles took time to talk to everyone individually. He asked me about doors, what countries we sell to and whether we get paid for them!
“You get to take three guests, so I took my wife and two sons. It was one of the highlights of my life, a really proud day.”
Mr Ashley, 63, moved to Cumbria from his native Coventry to become managing director of Clark Door.
First published at 11:26, Friday, 17 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)