Britain's most expensive holiday lodge for sale in Cumbria
Last updated at 12:25, Tuesday, 08 May 2012
A holiday lodge billed as the most expensive in Britain has gone on sale for just under £675,000.
The property’s unique selling point is said to be its prime location on the shore of Lake Windermere.
The split-level decking at the three-bedroom lodge at Fallbarrow Park in Bowness-on-Windermere reaches the water’s edge.
The building is fitted with all the latest mod cons from dial-in controlled lighting and heating to an integrated FM sound system which runs throughout the entire property.
It is part of the new 23-lodge Lakeside Development, where prices range from £295,000 to £674,995.
It was built by Northern Ireland-based company Oakgrove for the owner, South Lakeland Parks.
Last summer, another of the lodges at the park was sold for £550,000.
It featured top-of-the-range white goods worth £12,000, underfloor heating and a large outdoor, decked area with a hot tub.
The property’s specification was selected by the owners, who were among the first to buy one of the development’s lodges.
The lodge’s three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a utility room and open plan living, kitchen and dining area, cover an area of 1,000 square feet – bigger than the average home.
First published at 11:24, Tuesday, 08 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)