Britain's most expensive holiday lodge for sale in Cumbria
Last updated at 12:25, Tuesday, 08 May 2012
A holiday lodge billed as the most expensive in Britain has gone on sale for just under £675,000.
The property’s unique selling point is said to be its prime location on the shore of Lake Windermere.
The split-level decking at the three-bedroom lodge at Fallbarrow Park in Bowness-on-Windermere reaches the water’s edge.
The building is fitted with all the latest mod cons from dial-in controlled lighting and heating to an integrated FM sound system which runs throughout the entire property.
It is part of the new 23-lodge Lakeside Development, where prices range from £295,000 to £674,995.
It was built by Northern Ireland-based company Oakgrove for the owner, South Lakeland Parks.
Last summer, another of the lodges at the park was sold for £550,000.
It featured top-of-the-range white goods worth £12,000, underfloor heating and a large outdoor, decked area with a hot tub.
The property’s specification was selected by the owners, who were among the first to buy one of the development’s lodges.
The lodge’s three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a utility room and open plan living, kitchen and dining area, cover an area of 1,000 square feet – bigger than the average home.
First published at 11:24, Tuesday, 08 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)