Bus driver’s lucky escape after crash near Cumbrian primary school
Last updated at 11:57, Wednesday, 23 May 2012
A bus driver had a lucky escape after he crashed through a garden wall.
The number 35 bus from Cockermouth to Workington, operated by Reay’s Coaches and driven by a man from Carlisle, was travelling along Moor Road in Great Broughton, just past Broughton Primary School, when the driver lost control yesterday.
The bus demolished the wall and was badly dented but driver Gregory Joseph, 49, of Carlisle, and two passengers escaped uninjured.
A Moor Road resident said: “I was working in the back garden when I heard a tremendous bang.
“I came round to the front of the house to see if everyone was all right.”
The accident happened around 11.30am and police and an ambulance attended the scene.
A police spokesman said that they could not confirm what caused the crash, as it formed part of their investigation.
First published at 11:30, Wednesday, 23 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)