Burglars strike at Cumbrian school
Published at 15:06, Sunday, 06 April 2014
Thieves raided a junior school before making off with cash.
The break-in at Ewanrigg Junior School in Maryport happened in the early hours this morning.
Police were alerted after the crooks set off the school’s alarm shortly before 1.20am.
The suspects scaled the roof of the building and removed glass from a window before a quantity of cash was taken from the main office.
Anyone who saw anything suspicious is asked to call Cumbria Police on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)