Bruno the cat saved by a whisker after visiting bathroom
Published at 11:49, Friday, 28 March 2014
A Dearham couple almost ripped their house apart to search for their cat, which had been missing for more than a week.
Bruno used up at least one of his nine lives when he disappeared from Keith and Pat Barclay’s home in Browside Road while their bathroom was being refitted.
The couple, in their 60s, were distraught – and friends, family and neighbours joined in the search for the six-year-old feline to no avail.
But they could hear meowing in certain sections of the house and thought he must have been in the loft. They feared he could have been trapped in the roof when tiles were replaced.
Workmen Brian and David Sewell returned and removed the slates, but Bruno wasn’t anywhere to be seen. The slates were put back and the cat continued to cry.
The couple’s niece, Donna Campbell, of Ewanrigg Road, Maryport, said that dozens of people joined in the search.
After more than a week Keith and Pat decided to remove the sides of their new bath, only for Bruno to stroll out and promptly tuck in to the food and milk they had put down for him.
The couple think their curious cat slipped into the bathroom while workmen were putting in a new suite, and jumped down a hole in the floor. It is not known how he managed to get himself behind the bath.
They said they were grateful to be reunited with their precious pet and thanked everyone who had helped them.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)