Britain's Got Talent winners Collabro to start UK tour in Carlisle
Last updated at 09:07, Thursday, 26 June 2014
Matthew Pagan is coming home, as Britain’s Got Talent winners Collabro reveal they will kick off their UK tour in Carlisle.
The 20-year-old ex-shop worker is one-fifth of the operatic boyband which stormed to victory earlier this month when they won the TV talent show.
Within days of taking the crown, the group had announced an album and a 23-date tour next year.
However, Matthew’s fans were left disappointed after it emerged that the closest Collabro were coming to Cumbria was Newcastle or Glasgow.
In a special announcement this morning however, The Sands Centre revealed it had secured one of a number of additional dates.
Collabro, supported by BGT runner-up Lucy Kay, will perform at the city venue on Tuesday, January 27.
Jonathan Higgins, Sands Centre arts and events manager, said: “We are absolutely thrilled. Matthew Pagan was here last Friday with his mum and dad and told me that he really hoped that his home city would be on their first tour, so we are all really chuffed.”
Mum Linda, who lives in the St Ann’s area of Carlisle, told the News & Star she was delighted: “I’m so excited, it is fantastic.”
Collabro perform at 7.30pm on Tuesday, January 27, 2015.
Tickets go on sale at 10am tomorrow and will be available from The Sands Centre box office on 01228 633766 or online at www.thesandscentre.co.uk
First published at 09:04, Thursday, 26 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
I am a 67 year old grandma and I just love Collabro!!! Stay humble and sweet, you guys are a gift to the world. I listen to your songs over and over and over and over again, and again and again. God richly bless you.
I love them so much
View all 18 comments on this article