Body on shore identified as missing man
Published at 12:08, Saturday, 08 March 2014
Police have confirmed that a body discovered in Scotland is that of a missing Annan man.
Police Scotland were called to reports of a body on the shore at Portling, Dalbeattie, at just before 8am yesterday.
This morning a spokesman for the force confirmed that it had now been identified as that of missing 31-year-old Annan man Ian Carruthers.
He went missing from the town on January 17, sparking a major search.
A spokesman for Police Scotland said a post mortem examination has now taken place and inquiries into the circumstances surrounding his disappearance are continuing.
Mr Carruthers's family has been informed.
For tributes see Monday's News & Star
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)