Body on shore identified as missing man
Published at 12:08, Saturday, 08 March 2014
Police have confirmed that a body discovered in Scotland is that of a missing Annan man.
Police Scotland were called to reports of a body on the shore at Portling, Dalbeattie, at just before 8am yesterday.
This morning a spokesman for the force confirmed that it had now been identified as that of missing 31-year-old Annan man Ian Carruthers.
He went missing from the town on January 17, sparking a major search.
A spokesman for Police Scotland said a post mortem examination has now taken place and inquiries into the circumstances surrounding his disappearance are continuing.
Mr Carruthers's family has been informed.
For tributes see Monday's News & Star
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|