Body of elderly man found in River Derwent
Published at 08:50, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
The body of an elderly man has been found in a Cumbrian river.
Emergency services were called to the River Derwent at Camerton - near an area known locally as Cod Fitz - at 2.50pm yesterday.
The man has been identified as Henry Stephenson, aged 80, of Gote Road, Cockermouth.
His family said this afternoon (Tuesday): “He was a lovely person, he was a very private man who had lived in Cockermouth most of his life.
"We can’t believe he has gone and he will be missed by us all.”
Police are not treating his death as suspicious.
The coroner has been informed.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- 'Boy racer’ doing 80mph before fatal crash, Carlisle court told
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road
- Woman, 70, hurt as Stagecoach bus crashes into cars and building
- Four arrests after early morning Cumbria police raids
- Arrest warrant issued for market's Dutch cheese seller
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)