Body of elderly man found in River Derwent
Published at 08:50, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
The body of an elderly man has been found in a Cumbrian river.
Emergency services were called to the River Derwent at Camerton - near an area known locally as Cod Fitz - at 2.50pm yesterday.
The man has been identified as Henry Stephenson, aged 80, of Gote Road, Cockermouth.
His family said this afternoon (Tuesday): “He was a lovely person, he was a very private man who had lived in Cockermouth most of his life.
"We can’t believe he has gone and he will be missed by us all.”
Police are not treating his death as suspicious.
The coroner has been informed.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle soldier who made sick comment about dead child grew up in 'racist family' (50 comments)
- Job fears for appointment staff at Cumbrian hospital (13 comments)
- Parking shake-up in historic area of Carlisle (16 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (43 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (38 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (37 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (22 comments)
- Main Carlisle road to close for work on new housing estate (44 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|