Police confirm body found was missing Lake District walker
Last updated at 16:10, Friday, 16 May 2014
Police have confirmed that the body of a man found in the Lake District yesterday was that of missing Christopher Malcolm Blowman.
His body was located at Piers Ghyll.
Mr Blowman, 67, of Carlton, Louth, had gone walking in the Scafell Pike area on Wednesday morning but did not return as expected.
Mountain rescue teams, along with a helicopter, launched a major search of the area.
Police say there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death.
The coroner has been informed.
First published at 10:20, Thursday, 15 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|