Biker killed in late night Lake District crash
Last updated at 10:24, Sunday, 22 July 2012
A Cumbrian biker has been killed in a crash on a Lake District road.
Police are still trying to trace the family of the victim, believed to be a 54-year-old man from the Maryport area.
The accident happened just before 11pm yesterday on the A591 near Thirlmere.
The male biker was riding a red Triumph Sprint motorcycle, which was in collision with a large stone road sign at the start of the dual carriageway. He was travelling from Ambleside towards Keswick.
The road was closed for four hours while detailed investigations were carried out.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact Roads Policing Unit on 101.
First published at 09:39, Sunday, 22 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Pub's plans to stay open until 4.30am blasted by council (9 comments)
- Ex-Cumbrian health chief says working across Border 'a breath of fresh air' (4 comments)
- Bus cuts across Cumbria loom in bid to save £1.3m (34 comments)
- Hospitals smoking ban goes too far, says Carlisle councillor (67 comments)
- Allerdale set to back Government proposal to sideline county council in nuclear store search (48 comments)
- Can Carlisle's Castle Way cut it in the future? (20 comments)
- Cumbrian beauty queen overcomes cruel internet bullies (8 comments)
- Carlisle dad fined for cycling with daughter on shoulders (43 comments)
- Major police operation in Carlisle area blighted by criminals (9 comments)
- North Cumbrian hospitals struggling to recruit staff (8 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|